Terms & Conditions
Before booking through us, please read these booking conditions carefully.
Tower Executive Apartments Terms and Conditions
In these terms and conditions the following terms have the following meanings:
‘Accommodation’ means the Apartment number shown in the confirmation invoice or as may otherwise be agreed in writing between The Tower Hotel (Southend) Limited Trading as The Tower Executive Apartments and the guest;
‘Agreement’ means the agreement between The Tower Hotel (Southend) Limited Trading As The Tower Executive Apartments and the guest for the rental of Accommodation on these terms and conditions;
‘Tower Executive Apartments’ means The Tower Hotel (Southend) Limited trading as The Tower Executive Apartments
Whose registered address is Cumberland House, Baxter Avenue, Southend on Sea, Essex SS2 6HZ.
‘Guest’ means the person named as the lead name on the confirmation invoice who must be over the age of 18.
- 1. Agreement
- 1. These Terms and Conditions are as set out on our website and on the reverse of the confirmation invoice. The making of a booking (unless cancelled within 7 working days of receipt of the confirmation invoice) will form an agreement on these Terms and Conditions between the Guest and the Tower Executive Apartments for the rental of the Accommodation.
- 2. The Tower Executive Apartments permits the Guest to occupy the Accommodation for the stay period shown in the confirmation invoice together with the use of its contents.
- 3. The Guest will be responsible for all payments and for any damage, other than that covered under the non-refundable accidental damage waiver fee (see clause 13.3), whether caused by the Guest or his or her party and shall make his or her party fully aware of these Terms and Conditions.
- 2. Price Changes
- 1. Rental prices are reviewed through the year and may change at the discretion of the company.
- 2. If the Guest has booked in advance of the price review, and the price for their stay has changed as a result of the review, the company will honour the booking already made and the price shown and given on the confirmation invoice.
- 3. Booking and Payment Terms
- 1. For bookings made 6 weeks or more in advance, the booking for a stay will be effective when a deposit of at least one third of the rental price (rounding up to the nearest pound sterling) has been received by the Tower Executive Apartments. Up to that time it will be a provisional booking, and provisional bookings are normally held for a maximum of 7 working days. The full balance of the total rental will be payable not later than 10 working days before the arrival date.
- 2. The rental price includes Value Added Tax (VAT). If rates of VAT change from that included in the rental price the Tower Executive Apartments may amend prices accordingly.
- 3. All payments can only be accepted in Pounds Sterling.
- 4. Payment of both a booking deposit and balance must be made by way of credit or debit card via our online facility.
- 4. Cancellation
- 1. If a Guest wishes to cancel a booking it must give The Tower Executive Apartments notice in writing as soon as possible. A 100% cancellation charge will be payable. On receipt of the written cancellation The Tower Executive Apartments will endeavour to re-book the Accommodation for the rental period and, if successful for the whole or part of the period, will refund the relevant proportion of the money paid less £50.00 (fifty pounds) to cover office administration.
- 2. If, following a booking, the full balance is not paid on time, the Tower Executive Apartments shall notify the Guest. If, after 10 days from the date on which full payment is due, full payment has not been received by the Tower Executive Apartments then it may cancel the booking and the above cancellation charges will apply and the Guest remains liable for 100% of the rental cost the cost of which will be debited from the card details previously provided by the person making the booking.
- 5. Tower Executive Apartments right to Refuse/Alter
- 1. The Tower Executive Apartments may, at its discretion, refuse any booking.
- 2. The Tower Executive Apartments may cancel or alter arrangements made for the Guest whether before or during the rental period provided that such cancellation or alteration is necessary:
- 1. due to circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the Tower Executive Apartments; or
- 2. to perform or complete essential remedial or refurbishment works.
- 3. If a booking is altered or cancelled by the Tower Executive Apartments due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control, it will take reasonable steps to offer a suitable alternative booking. If the Tower Executive Apartments is not able to offer such an alternative or the Guest does not accept the alternative offered, the Tower Executive Apartments will return to the Guest the relevant proportion of the money paid by the Guest to the Tower Executive Apartments in respect of the Accommodation and will not otherwise be liable for any loss caused by such alteration or cancellation.
- 4. If a booking is altered or cancelled by the Tower Executive Apartments in order to perform or complete essential remedial or refurbishment works it shall offer the Guest an alternative apartment if one is available at the same or a higher price band (at no additional cost) or in a lower band (where the difference will be reimbursed).
- 6. Change of Booking
- 1. Transferred bookings are not normally permitted e.g. a transfer from one apartment to another, a change in Guest or a transfer from one date to another.
- 2. The Tower Executive Apartments may, at its discretion, accept transferred bookings subject to a payment fee of £35 (thirty five pounds). However, bookings will not be accepted within 10 days of the Guest’s stay, or from one calendar year to another.
- 7. Maximum Number of Guests
- 1. Occupation must be limited to the maximum number of persons for the accommodation stated on the website and as set out in the information pack that will be found in the individual apartments on arrival.. To exceed the maximum number of persons in an apartment overloads the facilities available which are often not designed or capable of supporting additional usage, and can lead to extensive and expensive damage. As such any over-occupancy is considered to be a serious infringement of the Terms and Conditions and can result in an immediate requirement to vacate the premises, with no refund of monies due, and possible further charges in the event of damage to the facilities caused by excess usage.
- 8. Services
- 1. The Rental price will include all charges for water, gas and electric. Guests must comply with the instruction found in the welcome pack in the Accommodation regarding the use of the heating systems. Any damage caused by using in appropriate heating will be charged to the Guest. No portable heating equipment is allowed in the apartments.
- 9. Liability and Loss of Guest Property
- 1. Any Guest’s property found at the Accommodation or on the Tower Executive Apartments property will be subject to the Tower Executive Apartments Policy regarding lost property as described in the Welcome pack. Lost property will normally be disposed of if it is not collected within 1 month and the Tower Executive Apartments may charge a reasonable administration fee to cover the costs of storage and handling of the lost property.
- 2. The Tower Executive Apartments will not be liable for any loss of property or any other loss or damage caused by it or its agents or contractors:
- 1. unless it has breached a legal duty of care owed to, or contractual term for the benefit of, the claiming party;
- 2. where such loss or damage is not a reasonable foreseeable result of any such breach; or
- 3. where such loss or damage results form a breach by the claiming party of any duty of care owed to, or contractual term for the benefit of, the Tower Executive Apartments
- 10. Pets
- 1. Dogs are not permitted in any of the Accommodation except Assistance dogs. Where dogs are permitted it is on the condition that they are not allowed on the furniture, and especially the beds, nor left unattended in the Accommodation. No other domestic pets can be accepted in the Tower Executive Apartments.
- 11. Tower Executive Apartments right of entry
- 1. As with any accommodation, there is a need for ongoing and occasionally unforeseen work in any Accommodation. The Tower Executive Apartments and its contractors may enter the Accommodation at any reasonable time for reasonable cause. This includes the need to undertake inspections and audits necessary to operate the business, the undertaking of unforeseen (internal and external) remedial repairs together with any annual external re-decoration for which access to the inside of the Accommodation may be required. External windows and doors may be opened during this process.
- 2. The Tower Executive Apartments will give the Guest reasonable notice of such requirements, and aims to restrict the working hours of our contractors to between the hours of 9.00 – 16.30. If this is not possible the Tower Executive Apartments will offer you reasonable compensation for any foreseeable inconvenience or loss of enjoyment caused on that day.
- 12. Guest Obligations
- 1. The Guest will be responsible for all payments and for any damage, other than that covered under the non-refundable accidental damage waiver fee (see clause 13.3), whether caused by the Guest or his or her party and shall make his or her party fully aware of these Terms and Conditions.
- 2. The Guest agrees to keep and leave the Accommodation and its contents in the same state of repair and condition, and in a clean and tidy state as at the commencement of the booking period (reasonable wear and tear excepted).
- 3. The Guest must allow the Tower Executive Apartments and/or its agents to enter the Accommodation to inspect the state of it, on reasonable notice, except in emergency when immediate access must be granted.
- 4. The Guest must not use the Accommodation or allow its use for any dangerous, offensive, noisy, illegal or immoral activities or carry on there any act that may be a nuisance or annoyance to the Tower Executive Apartments or to any neighbours.
- 5. The Guest and his or her party must comply with any reasonable regulations relating to the Accommodation of which the Guest has written notice. Such regulations will be found in the Welcome folder in the Accommodation, typical examples would include any local conditions regarding parking, waste disposal and recycling.
- 6. Smoking is not permitted in any part of the Accommodation and the Guest and any member of his or her party agrees not to smoke inside the Accommodation and the entire building and grounds.
- 7. The use of candles or fireworks by the Guest or his or her party at the Accommodation is not permitted. Use of barbecues is not permitted at any time.
- 13. Damages and Security Charge
- 1. The Tower Executive Apartments recommends that Guests hold personal insurance for accidental damage and personal liability.
- 2. If on arrival at the Accommodation you discover that anything is missing or damaged then this must be reported to the Tower Executive Apartments immediately otherwise it will be presumed that the damage/loss was caused by the Guest and a charge will be made.
- 3. All bookings will be subject to a non-refundable accidental damage waiver fee, in lieu of being required to lodge a refundable damage deposit of £500 to cover the cost of accidental damage during your stay. This charge exempts you from having to pay for any minor accidental damage and/or breakages in or at the Accommodation up to the value of £500 per stay and is payable to us with your final balance. This charge is not obligatory and if you prefer not to pay the accidental damage waiver fee, you may pay a refundable damage deposit of £500 at the time of booking. The cost of any damages or breakages up to the value of £500 will be deducted from the deposit and the remainder refunded to you. If no damage or breakages happen during your stay, the deposit will be refunded to you in full within one week of the end of your stay. Whether you pay the non-refundable accidental damage waiver fee or the refundable damage deposit you will be responsible for the cost of any breakages and/or damage caused in excess of £500.
- 14. Occupation
- 1. The Agreement is personal to the Guest. The Guest must not use the Accommodation except for the purpose of a holiday/business trip by the Guest and the Guest’s party during the rental period, and not for any other purpose or longer period.
- 2. The maximum occupancy of the Accommodation shall not be exceeded. However the Tower Executive Apartments will always give reasonable consideration to specific requests for use of the Accommodation which may relate to occupancy (for example, a function or celebration). If the Guest wishes to hold any function or celebrations exceeding the occupancy limit it must first obtain the written permission of The Tower Executive Apartments. If permission is granted, an additional charge will be made.
- 15. Water Supply
- The Tower Executive Apartments cannot accept responsibility for a shortage of water at the Accommodation where this is as a result of a drought, an act or omission of the relevant water services company or for any other reason outside of The Tower Executive Apartments reasonable control.
- 16. Weather
- If the Accommodation becomes inaccessible due to bad weather the Tower Executive Apartments will take reasonable steps to inform the Guest and to offer an alternative Tower Executive Apartments. However, the Tower Executive Apartments liability does not extend to weather related conditions that affect public roads.
- 17. Comments/Complaints
- 1. Every reasonable care will be taken to ensure that the Accommodation is presented to Guests to a high standard. Should the Guest find on arrival that there is a problem, or cause for complaint, the Guest should immediately contact the number provided in the Welcome Pack. Reasonable steps will then be taken to assist the Guest.
- 2. The Tower Executive Apartments is committed to ensuring that any problems or complaints the Guest may have whilst at the Accommodation are resolved efficiently and promptly, but as such must be given the opportunity to do so. Any refusal to notify The Tower Executive Apartments or refusal of reasonable rectification may affect the Guest’s right to compensation or repayment.
- 3. Guests must provide a contact telephone number and suitable time for the Tower Executive Apartments to communicate with them about problems or complaints. Guests must allow access to the Accommodation by any staff or contractors of the Tower Executive Apartments to resolve problems or complaints. If despite contacting the Tower Executive Apartments the problem or complaint remains unresolved, the Guest must contact the company on the other contact numbers provided. The Guest must not independently move to other accommodation without first allowing the Tower Executive Apartments the reasonable opportunity to assist in resolving the complaint or problem. If the Guest does so, or refuses reasonable rectification, the Guest may affect their rights to compensation or repayment.
- 4. Guests must formally confirm any unresolved complaint in writing to the Tower Executive Apartments within 28 days of return from stay, addressed to: The Tower Hotel (Southend) Limited Trading As The Tower Executive Apartments, Cumberland House, 24-28 Baxter Avenue, Southend on Sea, Essex SS2 6HZ.
- 18. Arrival and Departure Times
- 1. The Guest and his or her party must arrive after the arrival time (3.00pm on the first day of the holiday period) but before 8:00 pm and depart before the departure time (11.00am on the last day of the holiday period). Any stay that extends over this period will be subject to a charge being made for additional days.
- 2. The Guest will be issued with a set of electronic keys to the Accommodation which will be forwarded to them by post once the final payment of the booking is made. These electronic keys will allow access into the main building and the booked apartment only and will only work between the times stated above.
- 19. Right to Evict
- 1. The Tower Executive Apartments may terminate the Agreement on notice, and in such case the Guest and his or her party must leave the Accommodation, (without compensation being payable to the Guest or any member of his or her party) if:
- 1. this is deemed necessary by The Tower Executive Apartments where there is a serious breach by the Guest of the Agreement or the Guest’s or his or her party’s behaviour endangers the safety of other Guests or members of staff; or
- 2. any complaints are made of anti-social behaviour or unreasonable breakages or damage occurs or smoking restrictions are not observed.
- 20. Data Protection
- 1. The Tower Executive Apartments writes or emails guests and customers from time to time about its accommodation or offers. To comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 The Tower Executive Apartments will assume permission has been granted once a booking has been made. Your personal details will not however be given to out to any other company.
- 21. Governing Law
- The construction, validity and performance of the Agreement shall be governed by the law of England and Wales, and both parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the UK Courts.